Sunday, October 18, 2009

Quantum Leap

I went back to the beginning of chapter fourteen and sped up time. I pushed the time frame from several months passing between chapters thirteen and fourteen, to two years. I had to scan around for time frame references and change them. It actually makes more sense, and re-writing was done to make the expanded time realistic and fit the plot.

Now, with the upcoming dilemmas that the protagonists face, it doesn't seem like it's one event and moment in time, but a story that spans over a period of years. I do know that between the first chapter and second chapter twenty years takes place, but chapter one is a setup of a story arc that concludes in chapter three and a character inherits the 'sins' (or more appropriately, the actions) of his father.

I have also been outlining the events that must take place before story close, which sort of led to this moment of restructuring time and altering reality like a mad scientist. There has to be a series of destructive events that wrack our protagonists. I didn't feel comfortable having those events entering the protagonists' world like a cartoon serial. I want this book to (including the first chapter) span thirty-five years. It doesn't really matter. It's just what I want.

I'm a brat.

But I mostly want to believe that within this world that there was a time of rest for the protagonists before this event. There will definitely be a time of rest after the event(s), should they all make it out ... ALIVE!!! AHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

b write black.