Monday, October 12, 2009

4:01 pm

I have a list of lines that I want to use within the book, or scenarios that are outlined in the book. I have thirty-some-odd lines and scenarios that must be used in the book. I have crossed out most of these lines. Not all of the lines have been attributed to the characters that were designated to use them. Some times it has made sense for another character to speak the lines.

My favorite line in the whole book has yet to be used. It is an intense line--so of course it's said before a character is offed. However, today at 4:01 pm I applied the first scene and lines of dialogue that started the flow of this entire book. The book is made up of so many parts, but it was this scene and exchange of words between two characters that crawled into my head first. In the beginning, different characters spoke the lines of dialogue. The scene and lines were also introduced at different points in the story. Nothing seemed to fit. Square pegs were definitely being forced into round holes. Now the scene fits. It's appropriate for this particular character, a character that was not created at the time the scene was put together, to speak these lines.

This scene, conceived first before all others, occurs at the beginning of chapter twenty. Writing is truly funny. It was never supposed to be the very first scene. But it was suppose to come far earlier. I will celebrate hardcore when my favorite line is composed. First off, the line comes when the book is heading towards a close. But hitting all of these little plot points shows me I am getting closer and closer to the finish line, which is the secondary goal. The primary goal is to have all scenes and dialogue finished, edited, published and on the store shelves.

b write black.