Sunday, February 14, 2010

150 x 3

I've hit the third 150 page mark.  Happened earlier this morning.  Finished chapter forty-three, crawled back into bed.  Just woke up to start chapter forty-four.  Because the first 150 pgs went over by six, and even with being under the mark for the 2nd 150 pg story arc, I know that I'm still over 450 pgs for the book.  Every page from here on out is an 'added expense'.  But I don't care.  I'm having fun going into the final act(s) of this book.

More editing happened for the 1st 150 pgs yesterday.  It's giong very well on that end.  Everyone is in agreement, and even my fragile ego isn't shattered when the editors scream, "THIS SUCKS!  WHO TOLD YOU THAT YOU COULD WRITE?"  It's all good.  I know they're just trying to make the book a masterpiece.

I think.

Regardless, we're all having fun (despite the occasional cursing and punches thrown).  But we should be through with that soon, and edits will be applied as we move on to the 2nd 150 pg story arc.  Need more ink for the printer already.

The next book will be choc-full-of interesting characters and a tight story, but the overall work will not be this intense.  It'll be short(er) and to the point.

I hope.

b write black.