Thursday, January 7, 2010

It looks funny

I have spent most of the day editing otha people's news.  But, with the few minutes I have for a lunch, I've jumped on creating a flowchart for the last swing of ACoM. It looks funny. Arrows going from one explanation of events to their consequences.  You'd think it'd be a straight line.  No.  The lines are as crooked as the villains.

Consolidating plot points has also made events have to happen for different reasons.  There's a lot that needs to happen in these final 123 pages (got 27 pages out of the way so far).  The good news is that I have learned that a lot can happen in 100 pages.  It won't be overwhelming.  The protagonists just now how to take the box they are in and turn it around on the antagonists.

The book has hit chapter 30.  I haven't thought about how many more chapters there will be.  There are also three large battle sequences to run through.  A revolt. An ambush. An escape/last stand.  I think the last two won't be as heavy as the revolt.  The last may even be scaled down a whole hecka lot.

And of course, there's always a Princess to rescue.

b write black.