Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Whole Day's Work

I have reached chapter twenty-four. That's the good news. Bad news. Have to split the contents of Chapter Twenty-Three into two chapters. But the bulk of the events have happened in Chapter twenty-three. This next chapter will be small, and a sum up done creatively to show a character's promotion through the death of another. The mystery then begins.

I checked the pagination. I am at 262 pgs for a proper type setting of 5.5 x 8.5. Twelve pages over budget ... for the second set of 150 pgs. Maybe that will all be straightened out. But I am 272 pgs on a 8 x 11. It's a relief to know that I'm 10 pages behind what I'm writing on the 8 x 11. Chapter Twenty-Five and Chapter Twenty-Six will mark the end of the 2nd part of this story. I do have to say a lot happens in 262 pages. Once the other two chapters are added, will 150 pages sum all thr problems of our protaginist up. Hopefully, give or take a page or two ... or ten.

I actually wanted to release ACoM around this time. But, I'll settle for being 2/3rds through the book. Editing begins next week, Dec. 1st.

However, can I hammer out 150 pgs before February?

b write black