Thursday, April 8, 2010

Well, I Asked For It

And when you ask, you shall receive.  I asked for trouble.  I received.  I thought there was going to be trouble with the cover and there has.  The math for the width was all types of off.  It's hard to compensate for the spine width along with bleeds, and the actual width of the book.  The program I have does all that, but...you do need to do some thinking.

Nothing can compensate for being human.

So, it's been a back and forth.  And the printer & distributors have been very patient.  So, here's to hoping all the math is correct.  It really wasn't as difficult as I imagined.  I thought I would have to start all over again in terms of building the cover, but all I had to do was enter the properties of the book into the program, adjust the pictures on the front and back cover, and BOOM!  It's all good.

Well, at least I'm in the middle of it.  Anticipation is the worst.  It's worse than actually being in the situation.  Of course, if there's a time to get it wrong, it's now.  This ain't costin' me.

b write black.