Monday, April 26, 2010

I Have Not Abandoned You

Quite the opposite.  I have been working hard.  I have been cruising through the last go through of A Company of Moors, re-applying the edits with a hardworking team.  Also, this past weekend I started the re-construction of 12 Stories High, starting with its cover.  I initially started working on a new cover for Code-47.  Wasn't liking the designs that were being come up with.  I started fiddling around and suddenly the cover for 12 Stories High started taking shape.  It looks amazing.  There's still some touching up to do.  I went for a 'classic' approach, a re-release with a cover that makes the book look like a timeless classic.

It is, isn't it?

But, A Company of Moors is still at the forefront.  The last story arc is being read through.  The edits will be applied and then one last print out, a read through, submission, and BOOM!  We got the book.  I will jump to the 12 Stories High project immediately after, while promoting A Company of Moors.

The bad news?

2 Enlighten the G.O.D.Z. might have to wait until February 2011.  The third epic will be released later that year (crosses fingers).  But, at least 2 Enlighten the G.O.D.Z. doesn't have to be written, it's done.  Finalized.  Just needs a cover.

I am enjoying A Company of Moors.  I'm getting to know the characters in a different light.  A lot of the worries I had about the transition from the first and second story arc are gone.  The story runs smoothly, and a prominent character doesn't fade into the background as much as I thought.  Also, the story is cohesive, and reads very well.  I'm just hammering out some of the few rough patches.  It looks good.  Can't wait for you seven people to read it.

b write black.