Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Makeup to Breakups

Okay. I went back and stretched out chapter-twenty five. I just ended it. It was going to go too long had I continued with telling the story into the introduction of a group of people. Before I had the chapter end in a sort of cliffhanger fashion. But, I didn't want to start chapter twenty-six with just a sum up of what happened between the chapters, so I wrote out the aftermath scenes. Those scenes were lengthy, so my idea of having all of these events take place in one chapter was scrapped, and I do have to turn these events into two separate chapters. The flow is not disrupted.

Chapter Twenty-six (which should bring us to the complete 2nd 150 pgs) will be massive to the plot. A nomadic nation (that has only been spoken about as of this moment) will be introduced and given a voice. At the moment they are considered beligrent, warlike, and hateful. We willl see their side of the story. Their backstory is grand. It was originally a short story that was going to be in a second book of short stories that I was set to write for a future date.

I'll explain the story of The Nine Black Bastards in a later blog, after the book hits stores. The story is my response to an inacurracy of history portrayed in a video game. I'm happy to finally be arriving at another moment that brings together the original elements of ACoM. This all started three years ago from ideas that had nothing to do with one another, then sprinkled in a li'l research.

I still haven't hit my favorite quote. That won't be for several chapters. A lot of people have to die for that quote to be spoken.

b write black.