Thursday, December 31, 2009

2 Chapters Behind

Going into the new year I am 2 chapters behind. In the middle of one of the 2 chapters that I'm behind on. But the book is coming. Holidays slowed some things down. Had mad fun, though. The look on my baby's face when she saw that I got her a new iPod Touch was priceless (even though she said not 2 get it for her. Oh, no. Not fallin' in2 that trap. 2 cool 4 that). Anyway, not worried about ACoM. A Feb release is still projected. Editing will begin early next year. The last third of the book is made up of chess moves, as protagonists and antagonists both use the same pawn to strike at one another. Much like the middle part of the book, the third and final act is made up of small plot points, quick strikes from the protagonists and antagonists, and much like Revenge of the Sith, we will see the mastermind behind the chaos and disorder reveal himself. It will be easy to write. One small detail has been changed about the main villain's involvement in an incident.

2009 was an amazing year. Though my goal of two books was not reached, I have come far in a book that I have been itching to write for the last three years, doing intense research in that time to make this North African epic believable, even though I have set it in a fictional North African landmass, changed the map of Africa (getting rid of some of the Atlas Mountains) and creating a setting that reflects and is symbolic of all that Africa has gone through, and that reflects and makes commentary on the status of the world and Black people today.

I also moved back home to New York, living in Brooklyn. Couldn't be better. My fiancee and I are still ingesting everything that is our home state. We got to see a beautiful Spring, Summer, Fall, and a great Winter and Holiday season. Snow, y'all. I mean, there was snow in Atlanta. But we got REAL SNOW!!!! Hung out in Rockefeller Center at the tree while the snow came tumbling down. Had a snowball fight. (my baby got me good to start off). Went Upstate to home to have a real snowy Christmas. We had a great Thanksgiving. Surrounded by our home friends and family again.

And what a gift given to me personally, the Yankees WON THE BIG SHOW FOR THE 27th TIME!!!!!!!!!!! My baby became a Yankees fan, after declaring that she would NEVER watch a baseball game. By mid-April she was screaming at the t.v. like she'd been a fan for as long as I have (15 years, btw...a closer fan than just taking the Yankees for granted cuz I was from New York). I was glad she got to not only become a fan (early in the Season when they were doing so-so), but she got to experience the magic of a Yankees win. They blessed their new stadium. And I got to go to the victory parade!!!!!!!!!!! I saw all the greats that they've just traded away. Ooooooh, next season is gonna be interestin'. But the core 4 is there. Jeter. Posoda. Pettitte. Mariano (God, they need to clone this guy).

2010 is gearing up 2 b a big year. I should reach my goal of 2 books in one year. A revision of 12 Stories High is coming. The Ronin Poetz special edition should see daylight. I will be putting together a lecture or 2. Also, early next year (January), I will be giving tidbits of info and revealing the cover for ACoM. And I will be working on the 3rd epic poem. It's gonna b trippy and psychedelic, jazzy, blues, funky. Soul, sun. Black.

And then there's that little detail of having a wedding come October 10th.

"hold on 2 your soul. we got a long way 2 go"

I think this is post 100. Cooooooooool.

b write black, y'all.