Saturday, September 26, 2009

Character Nostalgia

Started reminiscing about one of my first characters ever created who had some funny misadventures. I think I might pull him out and make him a character in a short novella I'm planning to write. (Don't hold me to any of this. I'm just in the moment of excitement).

I created this character at the end of the fourth grade. I was determined to write a book. Wrote a funny short story that clocked in at about twenty pages. It was this particular character's misadventures being at a summer camp. In the sequel he became a camp counselor. Ultimately, this character was 'cast' in the 'lead' for my first completed manuscript: Identical Thefts, which also had a sequel titled In It Again. All of this character's stories were done in the first person. I'd like to pull the character out of the drawer and showcase him. The story would be short (novella short) and funny. I think 'quirky' is the word.

Who knows.

b write black.