Sunday, May 16, 2010

Renovation Reality

The 12 Stories High project is moving steadily. I'm falling in love with these stories all over again. And now that they're being 'digitally remastered', they are a blast to go through and make stronger. The first three stories were the most difficult (as it stands. I'm in the middle of story five). Enhancing the stories is not as exhausting as was writing them. I might be switching characters and plot, jumping from one story to the next, but I get to take a break. I don't feel like I'm quantum leaping and trying to figure out what's going on, which was probably the trouble when initially writing this book of 12 stories. It wasn't like going from chapter to chapter, seeing how the same characters would adapt to a new challenge, a continuing challenge, and what would shape their arc.

No.

New characters. New story. No time to come down from the last story. Shake it of quick. Take the next at bat. WHOA. Again, I started 12 Stories in October of '05. It was published by May of '06. That really isn't a lot of time. Yeah, not all the stories were from scratch, but still. And I did not have a team behind me, it was just me. Now it's me, my powers are enhanced, got a small crew. Yeah, we're breaking into literature like Keith Joseph.

You damn right.

I'm a promotion whore. BTW, next week: new covered revealed and released for Code-47.

b write black, niggas. We can't be beat, SUCKAHS!!!!