Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Joshua called me...

Actually, it was Ray Cosico. He's lucky too. I had my finger on the button to send out assassins.

Been a crazy time, y'all. Took on two would-be muggers last Thursday night. Yes, you heard (or read) that correctly. One had a gun. One guy grabbed me from behind. I did a front flip as he dragged me to the grass, off the sidewalk. I took him with me in the air, landed on my back purposely, him under me, then slammed my shoulder into his face. I got up and saw the other guy had a gun. I kicked his friend in the face as he was getting up, made him stagger. The other guy waved his gun but never used it. I kept his friend in front of me so he couldn't get a shot off (considering if it was real, loaded, or wasn't just a realistic looking pellet gun). The whole time I was fighting I was screaming. I think I scared 'em. I lost my computer bag with my computer and a lot of notebooks filled with notes for future titles, my ipod, my thumb drive, and some books. My glasses and my hat dropped off me as well. I ducked through some backyards, jumped some fences, and lost 'em. Got to someone's house, called the cops, and went back to the scene with the police. I found all my stuff still there. My computer bag (with computer and all my stuff unharmed), hat, and glasses. Nothing was taken. Called my fiancee (from here on referred to as 'Nekia' because that's her name) and told her what happened.

What an adventure. I'm so glad they didn't take anything ... especially my life. I was coming from Barnes and Noble, headin' back to the train station. Right when I passed these dudes I knew what was up. I just let it come and rode the situation out.

After calming down, Nekia said she really wasn't that surprised about my actions. She called me a comic book character. Well, my crime fighting days are over ... at least until the shoulder heals.

I'm just going to stick to only writing adventures.

And in other news, I'm starting chapter five of A Company of Moors.