Saturday, July 28, 2012

Phase Two: Getting closer to closure

All edits from the first round applied, the second round begins. The first phase of the second round has just been finished. A complete read of the book to make sure the edits read properly and that the flow of the book hasn't been disturbed. This read is done by me, the author.

I've made some rewrites to the narrative and dialogue to make the edits that have been applied. Some plot points were reworked to give more pop to their unique narrative. I scoped the piece to make sure that there is very little expository writing, or if any is needed, the characters come off as being conversational and speaking toward one another rather than speaking to the reader and specifically giving the reader information. Dialogue has to exist, even expository dialogue, even if the reader didn't. The characters shouldn't care that they are being peeped in on. And hopefully, there should not be any dialogue where the character defines who they are. If so, make it minimal, and again, conversational.

That being said, I move closer to completing this project. Also, I'm sure I'm guilty of most of things I hate. But I do strive to not implement some cliches, or find a new way to express them if I see no other way around them.

Now it's back to the editors. I'll be printing out their copies next week and also giving them a copy. And hopefully their read goes as quick as mine. (and just as, if not more, thorough). Then we'll be at the last stage, which will is when we'll be holding a physical book. The Printer's Proof.

There will also be a copyright attached by that time, and I will be revealing the name and cover for this current project.

Can't wait.

b write black