Monday, June 7, 2010

12 Stories Proof

Got in late Friday night (early Saturday morning) and saw the proof for 12 Stories High. I was hoping it would be in before I left, cuz I knew I'd be out for a long time. But, I was already aware that changes would have to me made. I just wanted to hold the book in my hand. It looks good. There will be some changes to the cover (minor), there will be changes to the interior (but that was assumed to happen). I wasn't expecting a perfect final copy. I'm just glad the steps to re-imagine an Imaginative Trip are coming to an end, as well as finishing up A Company of Moors. Again, the final edits to this African Epic are being picked up and applied. It's very easy since the book is in a final phase. There's not many errors to catch. But there is 571 pages to read, just to make sure.

The changes to 12 Stories High's cover were done over the weekend, Saturday. It was actually frustrating, because converting the program into a pdf kept shifting the placement of words or graphics. But I was burning the program out. I just hit quit, let it rest, and then tried again. Nothing was then missing from the conversion, and nothing was shifted. Cover is done. Interior will be jumped on after A Company of Moors is released. It's cool, because 12 Stories High will be on hold until then.

All of this is coming together. Beside the work on the cover over the weekend, I got to rest. Will be doing the same today.

b write black.