Wednesday, August 5, 2009

300+ and on schedule

ACoM is at the phase where the book is writing itself. The most difficult part of writing a story (or rather, the most tedious) is the setup, putting together the characters into the actual frame from which they will work within. Code-47 probably had the longest setup that was extremely tedious to write. I do believe that ACoM will be the last novel that will have a grand setup. The first large story arc was the setup. The main characters have made a pretty good bed to lay in. However, our 'heroes' will not be able to rest easy. The next 300 pages, on schedule to be written over the next three months, will be filled with minor plot points that culminate into a grand story arc.

I hope I can finish this book, have it edited, and ready for release in December. But, who knows. I want to have 2010 be solely dedicated to my next two epic poems, one already written. The 3rd epic has several scenes scripted, and a good deal of notes. I still want that 2 books in one year goal accomplished. The Ronin Poetz project has thrown that goal off for this year. Next year, I hope it can be done. If not, then my 3rd epic will come 2011. Ugh. That not only seems too far away, but I got other ideas to punch out.

Anyway, I will resume writing ACoM this weekend, with little pickings throughout the rest of the week.

b right black.