Friday, July 17, 2009

2 Infinity and Beyond

I have been busy with not just writing ACoM, but also plotting out the books that will be released come 2010. The Ronin Poetz re-release has been stalled, though Ray Cosico has worked extremely hard to push out 5 amazing drawings for the re-release. Tracey Wingfield has been busy, and she has the full control for this relaunch edition. When Ray finishes the drawings (some I will be displaying the rough drafts of), I will repaginate the page and hand it to Ms. Wingfield of DaChosen publishing.

I've become extremely excited about future works, plotting out the timelines of release. Hopefully 2010 will see the release of 2 Enlighten the G.O.D.Z and my third epic poem, which more will be spoken about come early next year. I'm thinking at the moment to take 2011 off to plan a series. I've always wanted to do a series. I would like to restore the Infinity Cycles, however, it would look completely different from any of the few who read it so long ago, in an incomplete form, back in 1992-4. Even when the series was finished--by 1997, with all 8 books--it would look remarkably different, with what I have put to notes. I would probably shave 8 books down to 3 or 4. But I'm not sure I'd want to revisit an old story, even if I were to revamp it. I'd like to do something else. But that's the future. I'm also hoping some friends jump into this creative field and stir up trouble for Black literature. We'd be the real Untouchables. Writing what needs to be written, and writing without apology.

In other news, 12 Stories High received a good 4/5 review from RAWSISTAZ review. The only problem I had with the review was the woman said the book had some editing issues. Some? Some!? Some editing issues? That thing is rife with editing issues, and that's the second print.

I do want to go back to 12 Stories and fix the cover and the editing issues. My fiancee contiues to bug me about it. But, even with the editing issues, it gets a high score.