Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The 1st Hundred Pages

I have been killing the writing for ACoM this week. And inside the first one-hundred pages, eight chapters have brought the story exactly where it needs to be. The big challenge is that I have to wrap up the first large story arc within the next 50 pages (give or take ... mostly give).

I do not want the first large arc to run more than 150 pages. I can deal with a run over of 20 - 25 pages. Now this is also 100 (actually 101) pages 8 x 11 paper, 1.5 space. This is not final print. However, single space, margins re-calculated, 5.5 x 8.5, font size cut from 12 to 11 actually brings the page count roughly to about 101 anyway. So, it's on point.

The next two chapters are short. I'm on chapter 9 (beginning of), I would like for the story arc to be complete by chapter 12. That should be easy.

Shouldn't it?

B write black