Saturday, December 20, 2008

New Edition

The hardcover to The Ronin Poetz is gonna be something else. There's been more poetic content added. Readers will get a glimpse of a master and student battle, once a character is redeemed. The final product has been sent to DaChosen Publishing, so it's all on their end now.

It was an endevour. I didn't realize how much we bootlegged putting The Ronin Poetz together, to finalize for print. Now that we all know what we're doing (and with better publishing programs), this job only took one full day, and that was because the bootleg job had to be undone.

Re-paginating, section splitting, shifting the page order, and aligning the pages upright ... some of these tasks I didn't know needed to be done until the work was finalized in the document. Pages were shifted the wrong way; the alignments were off. I started last night, wanted to finish up this morning. But once the parts were put together in their finalized form, more work needed to be done. I thought I would have to start all over again. But, I found a simple way around it ... and it all worked out.

But not before I got frustrated.

I took a deep breath and just worked around the hiccup.

Still having trouble with the cover, though. I hope that doesn't need any work.

I'll know soon. Left an e-mail with Tracey Wingfield, head of DCP.

Best news is, I got a new video game. Gonna relax.