Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Hit List (staying realistic)

2 books. 1 year. Even though one is already finished, and needs just some editing, there is still a time crunch. There’s a list of things that need to be laid out. I’m not just the average author that has the time to release two books. I publish through my own company, Ancient-Art-of-Facts. So, I handle the business side of things too. (Which I have to admit, is kinda fun.) This is what needs to be done:

1) Organize notes for A Company of Moors [in process now]

2) Edit the second epic poem [in process now]

3) Find artist Ray Cosico for cover of second epic poem. This will be a near impossible task. Ray has to work on his teleporting skills. He’s got the disappearing part down.

4) From organized notes of A Company of Moors, write, write, write, write, write, write, write, write. (2nd longest process. Nothing beats trying to find Ray Cosico.)

5) Blog

6) Edit finished product. [This will probably be done as the book is being written, given to the few editors I have, and can trust, to look over. Chapter-by-Chapter.]

7) Miscellaneous things. They’re gonna occur. Between February to April there will be a lot of these. 12 Stories High will be getting a new cover. The Ronin Poetz will be having a hardcover release. And more. I’ll blog when the time comes.

Then there’s simple leisure time and work. My fiancé will always be there to relax me and get me to slow down if I’m overworking myself. Thank you, Nekia.

But … things should go smooth.

Right?