Monday, January 4, 2010

A Novel(la) Idea

I keep getting smacked in the pineal with ideas for novellas -- little short ideas, y'know.  The only way I'd be able to make time for them was if they were like 90 to 120 pages long.  That's it.  I think my mind just understands that ACoM is coming to a close.  I do have an epic poem to write, but I'm good with what's going on there.

In an earlier post I talked about character nostalgia.  I'd like to reboot a character.  The same character I talked about in that particular blog entry, which I said was the main character in my first manuscript entitled Identical Thefts.  I have an idea.  I'd like to retain the same comical aspect to the character, but just give him a revamp.  He was too Marty McFly meets Axel Foley (I know.  Hard to imagine, but it was pulled off).  I know what his new personality would be like, just can't say for the moment.  There's character-thieves out there.  Of course, he'd be a li'l more street ... but not hood.  A hood nigga sounds like a Klan victim.  Trust me, you don't have to hang a nigga from a tree to lynch 'em anymore.  A lot of these cats walkin' around here have been lynched by an invisible rope wrapped around their minds.  "I, and every other professor on this campus, are here to help you find, take back, and keep your righteous mind, because obviously you have lost it."

There's another idea too.  It's kinda surreal for these simple niggas out here.  But ... see quote above.

Anyway, I'll do it.

Don't hold me to that, though.  Gotta finish some otha stuffs first.

b write black.