Tuesday, January 12, 2010

99 2 Go

I have written 51 pages of the last 150.  That is to say if I hit the 450 mark right on.  I know that it will probably be over by fifteen to twenty-five.  That'll be cool.  There are specific events that need to take place to end this story (yeah, I'm getting sick of the word 'event' too.  but, what?  am I gonna start using the word 'scenarios'?  what is this, The Greatest American Hero').

Last year, on the 15th of Jan, I completed the first chapter.  That was about 30 pages.  Had a looooong way to go to finish the story.  Heading up to the last chapter come a year later.  2 characters walk in, 2 characters are about to walk out.  The protagonists are now engaging in cloak-and-dagger killings, taking out the main antagonist's accomplices one-by-one ... and sometimes two-by-two.  The time for negotiations are over.

Someone I don't agree with said something that I agee with (keep up, boy.  i say, i say, keep up).  The guy said that if you write a page a day you will have a book by the end of the year.  I'm coming up on page 360, most likely will be reached by Friday.  Now I definitely wrote more than a page, but not ever day (if I did, I'd be finished with this book).  But, I guess if you spread out what I wrote over the year, you'd be able to fill a page a day.  That's cool.  I guess there was one thing I agreed with when it came to this guy.  Although he was a terrible teacher.  I know he didn't make up the wisdom he was imparting on the class.  The first clue was when he said,  "Some guy told me once..."

This guy was also a coon.  He looked at one of my fantasy manuscripts and started to say, "Well, uh, well, uh, we's black folks don't know 'bout nothin' like that.  We don't indulge in that."  Actually quote from an actualy coon.  When I finally get ACoM out I will do more entries on the stiffling of black creativity.  I said before, I'm gonna start putting together some new lectures.  I'm also gonna combine some of my old lectures into a philosphy about creativity and start my preachin' of my's religion.  Lol.

Niggas need a new God (and Goddess) called Self.  Not Ego, though.  That'll be the Devil of the new religion.

In otha newz, I have put together (in thought only) what the re-designed cover for 12 Stories High will look like.  I'm gonna start the 12 Stories High overhaul come March.  I'll do a story a week.  It'll be a cool down before gearing up for the 3rd epic poem, which I'll start on hardcore come April.  I've been making notes since January (heavy notes).  Started going back to old poems composed for the 3rd epic and started writing some new stuff.  Details soon.  The re-worked lectures will fit the new mentality being birthed with the 3rd epic project.

more 2 come.

b write black.