Friday, January 15, 2010

2day's Agenda

... Got the suitcase up in the Sentra.

Writing. Writing. Writing.

I'm also gonna begin the preliminary run on editing the first 150 pgs (a sweep using Office spell check, nothing deep).  I'm also going to have editors run through the first two chapters.  This weekend begins the publishing process.  The cover for ACoM will be featured Monday along with a shortened version of the commercial to promote it.  The commercial will be featured on Ancient-Art-of-Facts and the facebook page. I will begin creating a page for ACoM this weekend as well.  It's time to wind things down, or at least direct the energy to other places.

Odd.

Considering the book ain't finished yet.  But I'm sure the last aspects of subplots, arcs, and story will come together within the next 100 pgs, which would put me over by 15 pgs.  Not sweatin' it.  Next weekend I will start to put the begining pages together (copyright page, title page, acknowledgement, and the afterpages too).  I'll also finalize the back cover.

It's been hectic balancing otha people's newz that needs editing and working through ACoM.  Today is also the annversary of finishing Chapter The First.  It happened around 7:30 pm, according to the entry that I posted the following day.  I can remember being in Atlanta and the feeling of accomplishment.  I felt like I had removed a heavy burden.  I finally started composing this book, after 3 years of studying.  I had released Code-47, but there was little time to rest as I had to jump right into ACoM, and also plan a move back to New York.  But it was such a relief to get that first chapter out.  It went fairly easy, for something that's almost 30 pgs.  This entire book has been fairly easy, considering all the notes put together to guide me.  But it has been exhausting, and I have absorbed every emotion from every character, bad, good, indifferent.  I have been writing since I was 4, and never had I been so overwhelmed.  I have pushed out 8-book series (in manuscript form), 10-book series (still in manuscript form, and unpublished), but I have never done anything like this.  I have actually engaged in research while writing the book.  Had to make shit authentic, to a degree -- for something that's historical fiction.  Had to make sure the politics of the time were correct, in terms of societal structure.  I mean, the French were bombarding North Africa to counter 'Barbary' activity, but in ACoM, the Moors are able to bring peace to the sea, so that all may profit from trade. Of course, every one is plotting to still destroy or enslave black folk.  Or worse yet, put black folk at odds and sell one another into slavery.

It's a comedy.

Anyway, it's been a ride.  I've gone through every noble and villainous emotion.

Let me take time out to apologize to my fiancee.  Love u, baby.

I have been pecking away at the 3rd epic poem, but I won't really jump into it until April.  That will be a fun ride.  Until then, I'm gonna work on cleaning up 12 Stories High.  As for The Ronin Poetz project, Ray will be tightening up the drawings he's done, and we will move on that project when The Chosen Publishing makes the call.

b write black.