Friday, January 22, 2010

...and still writing

Have not been on here in a minute, simply because I've been hammering away at pages.  It's a good thing that I didn't post the teaser for the book on the site or other social network sites.  I've re-worked the teaser for a better flow.  Come Monday, all will be posted.  The final phases of editing have begun (well, part one of three).  Hit a rough spot in writing, trying to properly place a scene into the book.  At first, this scene (scripted and noted over three years ago) was suppose to happen as a result of another character's death.  Now, the politics concerning the scene happen as part of the story, and part of a particular character's arc.  I'm glad the scene doesn't play out as originally scripted.  The scene is now sad, as a character confronts the other side of his former business with overwhelming emotional consequences.  It was originally used as a threat against another character.  When I realized when, and for what reason, this scene would finally take shape, the last parts of the book fell into place perfectly.

I'm also at the 80 pg mark for the last 150 pages.  So the question stands: can this book be wrapped up within the next 70 pgs?  Probably not.  But the pages will probably run over by 10 or 15 (I hope).  I wouldn't mind an extra 25 pgs.  I really would not like to hit the 500 pg mark.  This is, of course, a page count within a 8 x 11 pagination.  The count will be reduced when placing the book within the proper 5.5 x 8.5 format.  There are also front pages and after pages to consider.  I don't believe I'll have so much clutter as I have in my other books.

Let me get back to winding things down.

Oh, yeah, today's the anniversary of this little incident, though I didn't post an entry until a week later.  I think I'll stay in tonight.

b write black