Sunday, March 21, 2010

Application, Synopsis, Cover

Applying edits will begin tomorrow.  Hopefully wrapped up by week's end.  The page count in actual book form (so far, and just for the pages of the story) is 559 pages.  Might gain, might lose.  We'll see.  Also, it actually took me 1 year, 2 months, and 3 days to write.  That's 1,2,3.  But it wasn't as simple as 1,2,3.  The preparation alone was 3 years, of course, Code-47 got released in that time.

I did have a choice as to whether or not to write A Company of Moors or Code-47 first.  I chose Code-47 cuz I knew ACoM would be a heavy piece.  But these pieces have been the heavy stuff.  Now, it;s time for fun.  The minute ACoM was finished my mind went straight to the next written project, and it hasn't stopped.  One cool thing I like about the next project is that a female will be the villain.  Already hammering out her personality.

But, that's for later this year to start writing (will be making notes).

Until then, I got a lecture series to write, books to digitally re-master, and books to release.  I will start the promotion of ACoM come April 6th.

The one thing I'm having a time with is the synopsis.  This is 500+ pages for a reason.  If I could summarize this shit it wouldn't be a book.  Anyway, comin' close.

The book cover (not the art, but the dimensions/size) have to be recalibrated after the final page count is determined.  I'm so glad I have a program to do that.  Figuring out the dimensions, especially the fricken spine width...that shit ain't cool.  That's a hassle.

Okay, that's the flight path.  Gettin' to it.

b write black (but u know that)