Sunday, February 28, 2010

I've seen the future and it will be...

February is over.  Book still being written, running parallel to being edited.  My goal at the moment is to be finished with the next two chapters, setting up revelations that will wind the story down.  I've become more comfortable with the book's delay for a reason.  The reason will be explained come Wednesday.  I can predict that by the end of today (as I am on a good run for writing this weekend), that I will finish, at the very least, the 1st of the two chapters that hold the big reveals in them.  Don't expect anything life changing (at least for the reader), but it will change the game plans for the characters in the book.

The chapter I'm currently working on (chapter 48) is the first chapter that shows the antagonists plotting to take down the protagonists.  Until now, some of the main protagonists have suspected the antagonists' plans, and have confronted co-conspirators to the plot.  But the book has not focused on showing the antagonists' scheming, just the schemes that are revealed to be a part of their plot.  Unfortunately, now that a scheme is shown, it sets up the potential for a predictable setup where the protagonists get out of the trouble staged for them.  However, no one will see events that favor neither the protagonist or antagonists.  Casualties will be on both sides, and the two sides must then confront one another rather than concoct clandestine schemes.

The fiancee and I talked more about the collaborative piece last night.  At the moment, though there will be research needed, it won't be a grand saga such as A Company of Moors, but it will be epic.  Wednesday, I'll breakdown where this resurfaced project will fit in the time-line of projects to come.  I would like to make it a 100 pg novel.  50 pg beginning, 100 pg middle, 50 end.  I like this idea, coupled with another short idea I'm cooking up, to come between epic poems.  Maybe just one, maybe both.  Don't know.  Stay tuned.

b write black.