Sunday, October 4, 2009

Not quite what I thought. Good.

Okay. On 8 x 11 paper I have reached the 200 page mark for ACoM. Re-paginating everything to fit a 5.5 x 8.5 book (single space, fixing the margins of the document), it came to 191 pages. And I am excited. That gives me more room to tell the story. I'm looking to come in at 450 pgs (give or take, obviously. I can live with 475 pgs). The more I come closer to the completing the story the more information I will reveal about it. I will give small tidbits on characters and places, to get readers familiar with the backdrop.

It was back in May when I talked about the first 100 pages. Now we're coming to the next 100 pages and talking about the first 200 pages. I would be halfway through. I'm trying to think that when I actually hit the 200 mark (in final book form), will I feel as if another 200 pages will end the story. We shall see.

b write black.